This is an independent review of the Ambient Weather WS-2080 home weather station based on actual customers’ input, and not that of the manufacturer.
The Ambient Weather WS-2080 is another great home weather station by Ambient Weather. Compact, simple and quick to install, it provides outstanding performance at a cost that is 30% to 40% lower than its competitors.
Measuring wind direction and speed, wind chill, dew point, humidity and temperature both indoors and out, barometric pressure and rainfall, the Ambient Weather WS 2080 provides the weather enthusiast with a wide range of up to date weather specifics, and an educated weather forecast, and delivers these results to you in real time in the comfort and safety of your home. Updates are immediate, and keep you apprised of ever-changing conditions that could affect your life.
The Ambient Weather WS-2080 has a portable console which displays a huge array of programmable parameters in a backlit LCD screen that is easy to read and is wall mountable, comes with a desktop stand, or can be carried to any location within the outside array’s sensor range. With USB port and 5 minute hook-up to the internet via the provided Windows software, you can access your weather station’s readings from any computer in the world. This makes planning return trips home much more pleasant, and provides you with the info you need to make crucial travel decisions.
Program visual and audible alarms, store information in graphical format on your computer, and share your findings with other weather enthusiasts and friends online. The unit is covered with a full 1 year warranty against all manufacturer’s defects.
- Compact and very easy to install
- 30% to 40% below comparable home weather stations cost
- Accessible from any computer with internet access
- Rain gauge accurate to 1/100th of an inch
- Ability to configure it’s more advanced features from your PC
- Transmission range up to 330 feet
- The Ambient Weather WS-2080 has to have full sky access for the rain gauge to display precise readings
- Requires a double A battery (not included)
This Wireless Home Weather Station is for
- The outdoors-man, hunter or fisher that needs to plan ahead
- The beginner Weather Enthusiast
- The advanced Weather Enthusiast unhappy with her current weather station
- The Weather Enthusiast or traveler that wants to know up-to-the-minute weather conditions without spending a lot of money
- The consumer that wants to be able to access current conditions at their home base from any computer in the world